Friday 4 July 2008

The Stampede Parade

During last evening we had thunder and lightening nearby but the rain passed us by. The morning started overcast.
We were on our way to Calgary by 6:15. After breakfast in Calgary we found our seats, bleachers on 9th street. We were in row 4 so were quite high up and would be level with the heads of the horse riders. The parade started at 9am but it took some 20 minutes for the front of the parade to reach us.
I took a lot of pictures. I used up two 8GB SD cards (500 images per card) and started on a third. I had to change batteries halfway through.
I have never seen so many horses, or horse riders.
Luckily for those in the parade and those watching the weather was bright and overcast for most of the parade. I was told that last year people were fainting because of the heat. The sun only made an appearance in the last 20 minutes of the parade.
I now have a big task in sifting through all the images to find the best.

No comments: